EDRA Organization Award
The EDRA Organization Award for Excellence in Environmental Design Research, Application, or Education is given in recognition of an organization whose work contributes to EDRA's mission to “facilitate the creation of environments that are responsive to human needs” and encourages future collaborations.
This award helps validate organizations that aim to influence governments, universities, and the design professions to conduct, apply, and publish Environmental Design research that responds to our values and mission.
Organizations can be recognized for advancing the Environmental Design fields through:
- Research – making a direct contribution to research or funding of research that has yielded important useful and practical results;
- Practice – making effective use of environmental design research in creating environments that demonstrate exemplary performance in meeting human needs;
- Policy – implementation of policy supported by environmental research that demonstrably affected environmental design;
- Education – providing education and training in environmental research that significantly affected design professionals or advance the field of environmental design research.
The recipient organizations may be University departments, NGOs, government agencies, non-profit organizations, or for-profit corporations that have demonstrated over a period of at least five years, a significant and influential impact in Environmental Design research.
An organization needs to be co-nominated by at least five (5) EDRA members in good standing who submit a nomination packet that includes the following:
- Overview of contributions to any/all of the four areas designated in the criteria, including case studies, policies enacted, educational materials, and/or the application of research;
- Mission and vision statements of the organization; and
- History of the organization, including the length of time specifically contribution to environmental design research.
The nomination packet should be submitted as one (1) PDF document and should not exceed 20 pages in length and 5 MB in file size.
The deadline to submit nominations for 2020 has passed.
Organization Award Nomination form
Past Organization Award Winners
2013 Project for Public Spaces