Great Places Awards Submission Requirements
2020 Great Places Awards home page | Submission Rules | Award Categories | Jurors | Past Winners | Download Brochure
EDRA Great Places Awards applications are due January 3rd, 2020
Please submit a written statement of no more than 500 words total addressing the questions below. Failure to explicitly address the submission requirements outlined below in the written project statement will disqualify an entry.
Entries must also include a PDF document of no more than 20 pages in length and 10MB in file size that provides illustrations of the project and which substantiates points made in the written statement. File sizes larger than 10MB will not be accepted.
- Each entry must follow the specific submission requirements for its category as described, and must be submitted in English. Failure to address all of the questions in the written statement will disqualify an entry.
- Submissions including the written statement, and supplemental materials PDF of no more than 20 pages in length and 10mb in file size must be uploaded on the 2020 Great Places Awards portal
- Any material submitted in hard copy format will not be included in the review process.
- All submissions and payments must be submitted through the online portal no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 3rd, 2020. See www.edra.org/greatplaces for information and a link to the submission portal. Each submission will receive a confirmation email.
- Submissions will not be processed unless the entry fee of $150 EDRA Members/ $175 non-EDRA members per submission has been received.
- Credit card payments for entry fees must be made online through the EDRA website at www.edra.org/greatplaces.
- In order to receive the EDRA member entry fee, the submitter must be an active member of the Environmental Design Research Association. Submitters wishing to join EDRA to receive the discounted entry fee may join online at www.edra.org . Membership types and fees can be found on the entry form. For additional membership information, please visit https://www.edra.org/page/benefits. You may reach EDRA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- To maintain anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the submissions except on the entry form. Do not conceal the location or identity of projects. Provide all project credits in a separate electronic file entitled “Credits.” For Book Award submission, Credits should include a list of all contributors to the book and their Rules for Submission contributions, including individuals who have provided materials from professional design, planning, or community development projects and whose professional/scholarly place-design/planning work might be featured within the book.
- Jurors reserve the right to transfer an entry from the category in which it was entered to a more appropriate category.
- Entrants are encouraged to submit any additional materials (documents, drawings, slides, letters of support, articles, and reviews) they feel necessary to explain the project fully. These materials must be submitted electronically as part of the aforementioned PDF document no more than 20 pages in length and 10mb in file size.
- 2020 Great Places Award winners will be recognized at EDRA51, which will take place April 4-7 in Tempe, AZ. One award winner for each of the four categories will receive a free one-day conference registration, and 20% off for an additional one-day registration. The discount does not apply to the conference dinner banquet and mobile sessions.
- Submitters of winning entries agree to make available further information and graphic material as requested.
- Drawings, photographs, and other materials submitted for winning projects will be used for unrestricted publicity. Each entrant must clear all drawings, photographs, and slides included in submission for reuse and reproduction by EDRA. Entrants are responsible for any royalties or copyright fees.