EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FOR EDRA51 IS OPEN!
EDRA51 REGISTRATION FORM
The Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA) invites practitioners, researchers, and educators to submit their proposals and join the 51st annual conference to collectively rethink how socially embedded, inclusive, and collaborative environmental design may serve as a foundation for transforming society and addressing the major challenges the world is facing.
EDRA51 TEMPE “TRANSFORM: SOCIALLY EMBEDDED COLLABORATION” will take place April 4-7, 2020 in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area, where urban development faces grave challenges related to fragile ecosystems, scarcity of resources, persistence in environmental and social justice, and climate uncertainty. Our problems are not unique. EDRA 51 Tempe will be the opportunity to brainstorm how environmental design research collaborates with academia, not-for-profit organizations, public sectors, and private sectors to lead the charge in transforming people’s relationships with each other, their communities, and their environments toward net positive futures.
The EDRA51Tempe call for proposals invites submissions from practitioners, researchers, and educators to share their transdisciplinary experiences and approaches in addressing EDRA’s critical mission of sustainability, resilience, and social justice. We seek evidence of projects exploring how design and research at all scales can move communities beyond status-quo toward more sustainable and resilient models with adaptive and transformative capacities. The scope encompasses built and natural environments, historical and cultural assets, technology and communication tools, pedagogy and policy decisions, long and short-term responses to the call for a more sustainable, equitable and resilient world for all people, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, and abilities.
December 9, 2019
December 20, 2019
- NEW Acceptance notification to all authors and presenters (except Video shorts and Poster sessions)
December 23, 2019
- Due date for Graduate Student Workshop Application (APPLY HERE)
January 10, 2020
- NEW Due date for Individual Presentation Abstracts and Papers revisions (required only for those with the initial decision of Acceptance Pending Revisions)
January 31, 2020
- Due date for Visual Presentation-Poster Electronic Copy
(only for students participating in the Student Design Award)
- Regular registration begins (REGISTER HERE)
(Early Bird registration ends on Jan 30, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST)
February 14, 2020
- Due date for ALL conference participants and presenters to register for the conference; required to be part of the EDRA51 program.
March 11, 2020
- Due date for Visual Presentation-Poster Electronic Copy upload
EDRA51 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
EDRA51 REGISTRATION FORM
Join us as we debate, discuss, reflect, and transform our capacity to impact social, environmental, and economic challenges around the world.
We look forward to seeing you at EDRA51 in Tempe on April 4, 2020!