1. Can I submit an abstract only or do I have to submit a full paper along with the abstract?
Yes, you can submit an abstract only. Requirements vary by submission type. In general, abstracts without full papers are acceptable for most submission types. We would like to receive full papers whenever possible, since they allow for a full understanding and review of the work.
2. When are submissions due?
Individual and group presentations (Abstracts only, Full Papers, Symposia, Workshops, Practitioner/Researcher Collaborations and Intensives.) are due November 12, 2018. Visual Presentations (Display Posters and Digital Media Shorts) are due December 1.
3. How many sessions can I submit?
Individuals are limited to 3 submissions per year.
4. Will deadlines be extended beyond these dates?
No. Submissions must be received by end of day on those dates.
5. Can I submit a hard copy paper?
All submissions should be made electronically through the EDRA50 portal https://edra.confex.com/edra/EDRA50/cfp.cgi
6. What is “EDRA at 50: Looking Forward, Looking Back”
It is our attempt to solicit proposals for papers that look retrospectively and prospectively at the field. You can pick a broad or narrow topic, theory, methods, setting types, kinds of people/setting users, applications, etc. and suggest how you would look at its history and where the field is going into the near (or even distant) future. We are asking for initial submissions of short summaries (500 words) and we will choose from those ones to invite as full papers.
7. What is the purpose of the new category “Practitioner/Researcher Collaborations?”
Among the things that make EDRA unique are the design projects that involve researchers and designers working together to create plans and spaces that better fit human needs. This category is intended to encourage these kinds of teams to submit and present their work, showing ways in which research connects to, supports and becomes part of the design process. Such collaborations and presentations can be of two or more people. Teams can profile a project of the built or natural environment where research has been used to inform adaptive management practices or policies.
8. What is a Digital Media Short?
Digital Media Shorts are individual or mixed media presentations of up to 6 minutes in length. Shorts will be on display during EDRA50. They may involve a continuous loop in a media hall and/or be posted to an online gallery.
9. How do I get continuing education credits for attending EDRA50?
The exact requirements for getting CE credits vary by professional association. We will provide a means whereby members can verify attending sessions that qualify for CE credits.
10. How can I be sure of getting an inexpensive dorm bed on the Tandon NYU campus of EDRA50?
There are no guarantees but there are 250 beds available to conference registrants in two close dormitories. We recommend registering early to assure yourself of such a bed.
11. Does EDRA50 have discount codes with airlines?
Yes, EDRA50 is working with Delta Airlines to offer discounts on both domestic and international. We will announce what the code is as soon as it becomes available.
12. Who can I contact for technical support with the submission portal?
If you need technical help with the online application portal, you can contact Confex technical support or call (401) 334-0220 Monday through Friday 8:30am-6:00pm Eastern Time.