Both full papers and abstracts are eligible for submission. Individual presentations should focus on original scholarly or professional research that has not been published or presented elsewhere. All submissions will undergo blind peer review.
- Abstracts should be limited to 300 words.
- Four learning objectives are required.
- Blind review requires authors not place their names or other identifying information in the uploaded abstract or document.
Paper Submission must also follow the criteria below
- Papers should not exceed 20 pages, double spaced at 11-point font size, including references, figures, tables and citations, to be qualified for review.
- All images, references and citations must be fully incorporated into one document. Attachments will not be accepted. The full paper should be publication-ready, formatted according to APA (American Psychological Association) guidelines.
- Submission files must use MS Word or compatible formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf).
- Papers over the allowable number of pages and that do not follow spacing and font size requirements, or papers with attachments will be automatically disqualified for review.
Please note – It is possible that accepted individual submissions may be placed for presentation in Paper Sessions, including in a Symposium of papers on a similar topic.
SPECIAL SUBMISSION CATEGORY FOR EDRA50
Request for Proposals: “EDRA 50/50: The Past 50 years — The Next 50 years”
EDRA50 is a time to both reflect and project. New insights, technologies, social media, and approaches contribute to the lasting basic values of environmental design research. Yet the basic values that underlie EDRA1 and EDRA50 - to understand and support design that supports human needs, and makes a more sustainable world – remain unchanged. We are asking for papers that look at this past and consider the future. What topics do you think are critical for understanding the distance EDRA has come and where it needs to go?
You are invited to submit a proposal for a retrospective review and/or prospective view of an important topic in Environmental Design Research. There are numerous possible topics – specific and special settings (health care, workplace, housing, etc.), particular kinds of users (identified by age, ability, culture, location, etc.) behaviors (work, play, caretaking, energy use etc.), methods and theories.
Please submit an abstract of no more than 500 words that responds to each of the questions below.
- What topic you would like to address?
- Why this is important for discussion and reflection at EDRA50?
- What approach you would take in considering the history and/or future of this issue?
- Why you are the right person to prepare and make this presentation?
Selected proposal authors will be invited to complete a full paper (that could contain a multimedia presentation or graphic elements) for peer review that would be presented at a special session of EDRA50.