Submissions MUST follow the guidelines and meet the requirements listed for each submission type in order to be considered for review.
- Submissions Portal: All submissions must be made ONLINE through the submissions portal.
- Maximum Submissions: Individuals may only participate in a maximum of three (3) proposal submissions across ALL submission types. Any submissions of authors/presenters over the allowable maximum number of three submissions will not be accepted.
- Group Presentations: Submissions must include a summary abstract for the presentation and individual abstracts for each presenter for Symposiums, with each abstract limited to no more than 300 words. For Workshops and Practitioner/Researcher Collaborations only one abstract describing the presentations need be submitted by the session organizer which must be limited to 500 words, and presenters should also be listed.
- Duplicate Submissions: EDRA discourages duplicate submissions. If you submit a proposal for one category (such as part of a symposium), DO NOT submit the same abstract for another category (such as a poster).
- Author Anonymity: To ensure that submissions are appropriately blinded for review, the author’s name MUST NOT appear in the abstract.
- Publication Permission: Submission implies author(s) permission for EDRA to publish the paper or abstract in our proceedings. The author(s) must affirm the paper is not under consideration for publication elsewhere and has not been previously published or presented elsewhere.
- Continuing Education Credit Consideration Requirements: An abstract and four learning objectives are required to complete the submission. The submitter will also be asked to identify which professional organizations are considered most appropriate for providing continuing education credits for this session. The final selection of presentations offering continuing education credits will be made by the EDRA50 conference committee and communicated to the authors prior to the conference. More information will be available on the website.
- Conference Registration: All accepted presenters of conference material including Pre-Conference Intensives, Individual and Group Presentations, and Visual Presentations must register by MARCH 16th, 2019.
Selection and Review Process
EDRA’s abstract review process is intended to be enriching and useful to authors in developing their submissions. A copy of peer reviewer guidelines will be made available on our website. These are the guidelines that peer reviewers will follow as they review your submission, and you are welcome to review them prior to submitting your proposal. Your efforts to address the requirements to the extent possible will ensure that your abstract submission is reviewed and evaluated fairly and accurately.
Individual Papers, Symposia, Posters, and Shorts will undergo the double-blind peer review process. Other types of submissions will be reviewed and accepted based on recommendation from the reviewing board and upon discretion by the conference Co-Chairs and Advisory Committee.
Continuing Education Credits
Requirements for Continuing Education Credit consideration:
In addition to submitting abstracts the submitter will be required to provide four learning objectives for the session to support possible use of the session in providing Continuing Education Unit (CEU) certification by various professional organizations. Additional information and guidance on Continuing Education Credits will be made available on our website.
Check out the EDRA50 CFP FAQs. If you need technical help with the online application portal, you can contact Confex technical support or call (401) 334-0220 Monday through Friday 8:30am-6:00pm Eastern Time.