Submissions will be considered for the following awards.
Best Paper Award
All authors will have the opportunity during the submission process to indicate if they would like the submission to be considered for the EDRA50 Best Paper award. Full length papers that are accepted will be judged on the submission’s quality of research, quality of writing, and alignment of the project to EDRA’s mission.
EDRA50 Nana Kirk Scholarships
A limited number of conference scholarships in the form of reduced or complimentary conference registration and/or travel reimbursement are available for current EDRA student members. Student authors may indicate their interest in applying for a scholarship on the abstract submission site.
Scholarship recipients will be notified upon acceptance. Please note that EDRA membership must be current in order to be considered for EDRA conference scholarships.
Awards will be announced at the EDRA50 conference.
- First Prize for The Student Paper Award includes a $500 travel voucher, complimentary conference registration, and a one-year EDRA student membership.
- Second prize is a one-year EDRA student membership.
- All student award finalists merit recognition in EDRA publications.
Student Paper Award
Papers submitted by student authors are eligible for the Student Paper Award, but must adhere to specific guidelines. Please visit www.edra.org/page/student_awards for additional information.
Student Design Award
Poster submissions eligible for the Student Design Award. This work is distinguished by its recognition of environmental design that responds to human factors at a full range of environmental scales through the deployment of research findings and user inputs in answer the improvement of human needs within their built environment.
We invite submissions of exemplary environmental design work at a range of scales including urban design, landscape architecture, and architecture, interior and industrial design completed by EDRA student members.
- Design projects should emphasize a link between research and design, demonstrating how an understanding of human interaction, use and experience can inspire excellent environmental design.
- Student authors must indicate if they would like their submission to be considered for the Student Design Award.
- Only student authors who upload an electronic copy of their display poster and are present during the poster session will be considered.
In addition, EDRA presents many awards at the annual conference which recognize outstanding work in the field of environmental design research. These awards are solicited through edra.org on a timeline distinct from conference submissions. These include awards for Career, Service, Achievement, and Organization, Great Places Awards, EDRA Core, and The Michael Brill Urban Communication & Design Behavior Research Grant. Please visit www.edra.org for more information.