Great Places Awards Submission Requirements
Submission Rules | Award Categories | Download Brochure (PDF)
Please submit a written statement of no more than 500 words total addressing the questions below. Failure to explicitly address the submission requirements outlined below in the written project statement will disqualify an entry.
Entries must also include a PDF document of no more than 20 pages in length and 10mb in file size that provides illustrations of the project and which substantiates points made in the written statement. File sizes larger than 10mb will not be included in the jurying process.
- Each entry must follow the specific submission requirements for its category as described, and must be submitted in English. Failure to address all of the questions in the written statement will disqualify an entry.
- Submissions including the written statement, and supplemental materials PDF of no more than 20 pages in length and 10mb in file size must be uploaded to www.edra.org/greatplaces. Any material submitted in hard copy format will not be included in the review process.
- All submissions and payments must be submitted through the online portal no later than 11:59 pm ET on February 26, 2018. See www.edra.org/greatplaces for information and a link to the submission portal. Each submission received will receive a confirmation email.
- Submissions will not be processed unless the entry fee of $175 per submission has been received.
- To maintain anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the submissions except on the entry form. Do not conceal the location or identity of projects. Provide all project credits in a separate electronic file entitled “Credits.” For Book Award submission, Credits should include a list of all contributors to the book and their Rules for Submission contributions, including individuals who have provided materials from professional design, planning, or community development projects and whose professional/scholarly place-design/planning work might be featured within the book.
- Jurors reserve the right to transfer an entry from the category in which it was entered to a more appropriate category.
- Entrants are encouraged to submit any additional materials (documents, drawings, slides, letters of support, articles, and reviews) they feel necessary to explain the project fully. These materials must be submitted electronically as part of the aforementioned PDF document no more than 20 pages in length and 10mb in file size.
- All 2018 Great Places Award winners will be recognized during EDRA’s 2018 conference, EDRA49, June 6–9, 2018 in Oklahoma City, OK
- Submitters of winning entries agree to make available further information and graphic material as requested.
- Drawings, photographs, and other materials submitted for winning projects will be used for unrestricted publicity. Each entrant must clear all drawings, photographs, and slides included in submission for reuse and reproduction by EDRA. Entrants are responsible for any royalties or copyright fees.