EDRA Call for 2016 Board Nominations
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
EDRA Board of Directors 2016 Call for Nominations
EDRA is now accepting nominations for the 2016-2017 Board of Directors. This is your opportunity to create positive change in environment behavior research and practice, as well as to give back to your academic and professional community. You are eligible to nominate yourself or others for any open position on the EDRA Board of Directors. Nominee applications for the 2016 Board are due to EDRA Headquarters no later than Friday, January 8, 2016.
Nominations are sought for five positions:
Submit your nominee application(s) to EDRA's Exe
cutive Director via:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to 608.251.5941, or
- mail to 22 N. Carroll Street, Suite 300. Madison, WI, USA 53703
Key Dates for the 2016 Election Process
- By Friday, January 8, 2016
All nominations due to EDRA Headquarters
- By Friday, January 22, 2016
Candidates contacted to confirm desire to run for the Board position
- February 1 - March 1, 2016
- By Friday, April 1, 2016
Notification of election results and confirmation of willingness to serve
- By April 15, 2016
Announcement of election results to membership
Thank you for your consideration and support of Environmental Design Research Association.
Please contact Marechiel Santos-Lang for any questions.
Please keep the following in mind when nominating a candidate for the four open elected positions:
- All candidates must be current EDRA members.
- In total, three current EDRA members have to provide letters of support to nominate a member.
- Self-nominations are encouraged. (If self-nominating, please provide a self-nomination letter in addition to the three letters of support.)
- Each Director's term is for a three-year period, except for the appointed Emeritus position, which is a one-year term. Officers on the Board (Chair, Chair-Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary) serve for a one-year term and are elected by the board.
- Ensure that all candidates are interested to run for the Board and well-informed about their potential board roles, responsibilities and expectations. Please see Bylaws as it pertains to Board responsibilities and expectations for more information.
- Ensure that all potential board members will abide by the code of ethics, standard of conduct, and conflict of interest policy. Read the Code of Ethics, Standard of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
The nominee application for elected positions must include the following:
- Concise biography/resume of nominee including current membership status (200 words maximum)
- Self-nomination letter (if applicable)
- Three letters of support by EDRA members in good standing (Include all contact information, including relationship to nominee.)
- Number of years involved in EDRA and types of involvement.
- Other capacities in which teh nominee has participated/volunteered in the organization (e.g. conference organization or other Board committees).
- A statement of no more than 300 words outlining why and how the nominee intends to serve on the Board and an understanding of and commitment to the mission of EDRA.
Questions? Please contact Rula Awwad-Rafferty at email@example.com.