The 6th annual graduate student workshop will take place on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 in Raleigh, North Carolina concurrent with the EDRA47 Pre-Conference Intensives. During the day-long workshop each student selected will present their work during a 45-minute time slot which includes 10 minutes presentation of their thesis/dissertation work to date followed by 30-35 minutes of feedback and discussion with mentors.
These extended workshop session are intended to provide focused feedback on the specific work of the presenter as well as general direction related to furthering and improving graduate-level work.
Workshop sessions will also be interspersed with common plenary sessions on additional topics of interest to all graduate students such as: publishing during and after your dissertation, or preparing for the job search.
Students accepted to present and/or attend the Graduate Student Workshop are expected to commit to the full day of the workshop which would then preclude them from attending other Intensives sessions.
All students accepted to participate in the workshop as either presenters or observers are also expected to be registered for the full conference, or else to have a one-day registration for the day of the Intensives.
The number of student presenters is limited to 18 students. However, up to 30 spaces will be available for other students as observers to attend and participate in all workshop sessions, including all plenary and student presentation sessions.
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
||Technology set up for presenters
|8:30 AM - 8:45 AM
||Workshop and Mentor Introductions
|8:45 AM - 9:30 AM
||Student Presentation Session 1
|9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
||Student Presentation Session 2
|10:15 AM - 10:30 AM
|10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
||Student Presentation Session 3
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
||Plenary Session 1
|12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
|1:30 PM - 2:15 PM
||Student Presentation Session 4
|2:15 PM - 3:00 PM
||Student Presentation Session 5
|3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
|3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
||Student Presentation Session 6
|4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
||Plenary Session 2
* Lunch will be provided (sponsored)
Students interested in presenting their research during the workshop are requested to submit a short application form by Saturday, January 30, 2016. Notices of acceptance will be issued by Monday, February 15, 2016. Those students wishing to register to attend as an observer can do so during the regular conference registration process.
Find the application form here
- Saturday, January 30 - Applications due for Graduate Student Workshop (for those wishing to present)
- Monday, February 15 - Notices of Graduate Student Workshop Acceptance sent out for presenters
- Monday, February 29 - Deadline for students to send a 'Confirmation of Participation' notice (Note: additional spots may open up at this point) and register to attend the EDRA47Raleigh. Unregistered students will be dropped. The spot will be offered to the waitlisted students.
- Monday, February 29 - EDRA Graduate Student Workshop Conference Registration deadline
- Wednesday, March 30 - Expanded (5 page) Research Summary due from accepted presenters
- Wednesday, May 18 - Workshop
Any questions regarding the workshop or the application procedure should be directed to Molly Ranahan, EDRA Student Representative to the Board at [email protected]
. We hope to see you in Raleigh on May 18!